English is a very confusing language for many students who are aren’t native speakers, and Chinese students are among the group that struggles the most. So when the time comes to write an English assignment, they can easily panic or draw a blank, wondering where to turn to for help. Luckily, CustomWritings.com essay writing service can help them and get them a good grade. But before we get to that, let us talk about why writing in English is something Chinese students find difficult.
Why Chinese Students Struggle with Writing in English
If Chinese students are to get better at writing in English, they need to be aware of the problems that make them unable to fully grasp the language, particularly the writing part. Here are the most common.
English and Chinese Have Some Notable Differences
One of the biggest hurdles for Chinese students who need to pass their ESL class is that English and Chinese have some major differences.
- Sentence structure is important to English while meaning is important to Chinese. In English, a sentence can be long, just as long as the sentence structure is correct. In Chinese, long sentences are divided up into shorter ones to make them clearer and easier to understand.
- Chinese uses nouns more than pronouns. In English, pronouns such as “you,” “us,” “I,” “they,” “which” and “that” are commonly used, especially in long sentences. This is done in order to make sentences clear and to avoid the repetition of words. As mentioned earlier, Chinese sentences are usually short, which eliminates the need for pronouns, which makes Chinese people use nouns more often.
- English commonly uses abstract nouns while concrete nouns are commonly used in Chinese. This is because nature is the basis of Chinese philosophy, making it more natural for Chinese people to use concrete nouns to express abstract nouns.
- English commonly uses passive voice while Chinese commonly uses passive voice. For example, in English, it is common to hear someone say or write “The job was done by Peter.” In Chinese, this will be turned into more of an active voice. So the sentence will become “Peter did the job.”
- English focuses more on the beginning part of the sentence while Chinese focuses more on the last part. In English, the first part of the sentence is more important, and that is why English sentences start with the conclusion and then delve into the facts. In Chinese, the last part of the sentence is important, and that is why Chinese sentences start by stating the facts and then ending with the conclusion or results.
English Papers and Chinese Papers Have Different Structures
An English paper follows the structure of introduction-body-conclusion. The introduction is where the author gives the reader a general overview of the topic and presents his or her thesis statement. The body is where the author expands on their main points, getting into more detail to get the reader to understand their position. The conclusion is where the main points are summarized and the thesis statement is restated to neatly tie everything together.
On the other hand, a Chinese paper follows the structure of beginning-continuing-turning-conclusion. The beginning is where the author narrates the topic to the reader. Continuing is where the author further develops the topic mentioned in the beginning section with some additional material. In the turning section of the paper, the author switches up the narrative of the paper by looking at the topic from different perspectives or presents opposing views and quickly refutes them. In the conclusion, the author concludes everything and then presents their thesis statement (while in English, the thesis must appear in the introduction and be restated in the conclusion).
How CustomWritings.com Helps Chinese Students
When handling assignments for Chinese students, CustomWritings.com is clearly aware of the problems that Chinese students face with English and take that into account when handling their papers. Plus, they hire native English speakers from the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Canada to make sure that the ESL assignments of Chinese Students are in great hands. And even if there is no native English speaker available, CustomWritings.com makes sure that the writer who takes on the writing job can write English just as well as a native English speaker. You can have a look at Chinese version of this service to find more information.
Also, CustomWritings.com takes the hiring process very seriously in order to ensure that they have the best of the best writing for them. Before a writer comes to work for them, they have to successfully complete several assessments to ensure that they can take on any task and complete it with the highest of quality. First, all writers must pass several English tests to prove their fluency. Secondly, the writers are given further tests to demonstrate that they know how to follow the rules of academic paper writing when it comes to structuring and formatting papers using the APA, MLA, Chicago and Harvard style guides. Lastly, the writers are given a test order, which they must complete by a given deadline to ensure they can actually cope with the demands of writing actual assignments.
Due to problems such as language and paper structure differences, Chinese students often need the most help when it comes to writing English papers. Luckily for them, there is a website that can help them with this task by providing them with a professionally-written paper that can help them not only pass their course but also improve their English once they see how it a perfect paper looks like.