- We have learnt the character 心 , which means heart. When it acts as a radical, it can be written below of the character or on the left side of the character. (Radical I)
- When written below, it is usually written as “心” and we call the radical 心字底 (xīn zi dǐ). e.g. : 想，怒，思
- When written on the left side, it is usually written as “忄” and we call it 竖心旁 (shù xīn páng). e.g.: 快，慢，情
- Today we are going to review some of the characters that we have learnt using the radical “心” (心字底), written below of the character.
- Most of the words with the “心” radical are “heart-related” ( emotion, feeling, mind, thinking or thought).
- Here is a list of characters with the radical 心 that we have learnt so far:
- In this video, you may have noticed that she wrote the 念 with an extra dot. This is incorrect. Well, sometimes I will make mistakes too. 🙂
- Happy learning!
Learn a Chinese Character a Day
4 thoughts on “Characters with Radical Heart (心)”
Thank you so much for this helpful post about words with the 心 radical! The audio was very helpful for me as I prepared activities for my daughter to learn these words. I am excited to forward your resource to other parents who are teaching their kids Chinese!
Thanks. Please do so and help me promote my website. 🙂
Can somebody be able to help me in the counting of how many Chinese characters are written with the radical word 心 and also the “忄 “