- Today we are going to revise 4 words that are related to directions:
- If you have forgotten about these words, click here :
东 南 西 北.
- In English, direction in between East and South is called South-East. However, in Chinese, we call it the other way round, 东南 （East South).
- Here are the difference between Chinese and English for direction:
||东南 （East South）
||西南 （West North）
||东北 （East North）
||西北 （West North）
- How about 东西 （East West）? This is a very common word in Chinese. However, this word is nothing related to direction. 东西 in Chinese means things. To see a sentence example, click here.
- I found an interesting image from the web that will be useful for you to remember the direction for these four words:
- That’s all for today. Have a nice weekend.
Learn a Chinese Character a Day