- 新年快乐。恭喜发财。Happy Chinese New Year.
- Today is Chinese New Year’s Eve, which is known as 除夕（chú xī）in Chinese.
- 除 means remove or replace; 夕 means evening or night.
- On the eve of the festival, the whole family will gather together for the reunion dinner, which is known 团圆饭（tuán yuán fàn）.
- 团圆 means reunion (of family members); 饭 means meal or rice.
- On Chinese New Year, you can hear all kinds of sayings and greetings associated with the Chinese New Year.Here are a few common greetings:
- If you would like to send greetings to your family or friends, kindly try my Facebook application.
Learn a Chinese Character a Day