- All Chinese characters have a radical or are a radial in it self.
- As mentioned before, radical is used to look up a character in a dictionary.
- Beside, radical is used to tell something about the meaning of the character.
- e.g. 口.
It is the character for “mouth”. It is also the radical for many things related to mouth, such as 吃 = eat, 喝 = drink, etc.
- Thus, learning radicals will help you to understand the characters more.
- Here are another 7 new common radicals.
List of Chinese Radicals
|Radical||English Name||Chinese Name||Pronunciation|
lì dāo páng
dān ěr páng
shuāng rén páng
fǎn quǎn páng
shí zì páng
jiǎo sī páng
- This week exercise :
Try to write few Chinese characters that you know using the above radicals.
- Happy learning.