- Last two weeks, we have learned a few words about family members.
- Today, we are going to revise the words.
- I have created a picture so that you will have a better understanding.
|Father’s father （Grandpa)||公公/祖父||gōng gong / zǔ fù|
|Father’s mother (Grandma)||婆婆/祖母||pó po /zǔ mǔ|
|Mother’s father (Grandpa)||外公||wài gōng|
|Mother’s mother (Grandma)||外婆||wài pó|
|Elder brother||哥哥||gē ge|
|Younger brother||弟弟||dì di|
|Elder sister||姐姐||jiě jie|
|Younger sister||妹妹||mèi mei|
- 父亲 (fù qīn) is a more formal word for 爸爸 (father)
- 母亲 (mǔ qīn) is a more formal word for 妈妈 (mother)
- 爷爷 (yé ye) is sometimes used to mean father’s father (Grandpa)
- 奶奶 (nǎi nai) is sometimes used to mean father’s mother (Grandma).
|Watch Videos to Learn|
A more complete list of Chinese family titles